STRESS NOT!

OK, SO I DON'T KNOW WHY I FELT COMPELLED TO POST THIS BLOG, BUT HOPEFULLY SOMEONE GETS SOMETHING OUT OF IT. THE TOPIC OF CHOICE IS STRESS, ESPECIALLY IN RELATIONSHIPS. I HAVE ABOUT 5 FRIENDS THAT HAVE BEEN GOING THROUGH THINGS WITH THEIR SIGNIFICANT OR NOT-SO-SIGNIFICANT WITHIN THE PAST MONTHS OR SO.

MY PHILOSOPHY HAS AND ALWAYS WILL BE, TO TRY TO LIVE A STRESS FREE LIFE. BEING HAPPY SHOULD BE ONE OF THE HIGHEST PRIORITIES IN LIFE. I HAVE ALSO ALWAYS SAID, " IF YOU ARE GOING TO STRESS OVER THINGS, IT BETTER BE SOMETHING WORTH ACTUALLY STRESSING OVER", LIKE MEETING DEADLINES AT WORK, OR PASSING A FINAL AT SCHOOL, BUT BY NO MEANS STRESS OVER A MAN OR A WOMAN THAT IS SUPPOSE TO LOVE YOU. LOVE IS NOT STRESSFUL, LOVE SHOULD NOT LEAVE YOU FEELING DRAINED AND FRUSTRATED. I REFUSE TO FEEL DRAINED BY A MAN WHO SAYS HE LOVES ME, BUT IN THAT SAME BREATHE, HE PUTS ME DOWN AND MAKES ME FEEL LIKE CACA!! HE DOESN'T LOVE ME, HE JUST WANTS CONTROL OVER ME. HE WANTS THE POWER TO MAKE ME FEEL LIKE CRAP SO I CAN BE TAKEN ON AN EMOTIONAL ROLLER COASTER, ONLY SO HE CAN DO SOMETHING TO MAKE ME FEEL GOOD AGAIN, AND THE CYCLE CONTINUES... THE MOMENT I SEE THAT CYCLE HAPPENING, YOU BEST BELIEVE I'M OUT!!

I HAVE LEARNED THROUGHOUT MY OWN EXPERIENCES THAT FEELING ANYTHING OTHER THAN HAPPY IN A RELATIONSHIP IS JUST NOT WORTH IT. NOW, DON'T GET ME WRONG, I DON'T LIVE MY LIFE IN LALA LAND, I DON'T BELIEVE THAT EVERYTHING WILL BE PEACHY KEEN ALL THE TIME, BUT WHEN THE BAD TIMES OUT WAY THE GOOD TIMES, THEN ITS TIME TO MOVE ON, SERIOUSLY!!

ASK YOURSELF WHY? WHY AM I STILL HERE? WHAT WILL I BE LOSING IF I LEAVE? WHAT WILL I GAIN IF I LEAVE?

I DO NOT LIKE SEEING PEOPLE FEELING DEPLETED OR WEARY OR WHATEVER THE CASE MAY BE, ESPECIALLY OVER A RELATIONSHIP THAT NEEDS TO BE CUT OFF AT THE ROOTS.

TRUST ME, WHEN IN A RELATIONSHIP THAT FEELS "COMFORTABLE", ITS REALLY HARD TO LEAVE THAT COMFORT ZONE. YOU TEND TO PUT THAT PERSON'S FEELINGS AHEAD OF YOUR OWN, BECAUSE, MAYBE ACCORDING TO THEM, "YOU ARE THE ONE CAUSING THE RELATIONSHIP TO GO WRONG". BUT YOU HAVE TO STOP AND REEVALUATE THE SITUATION AND LOVE YOURSELF ENOUGH TO SAY, I DESERVE BETTER THAN THIS ! JUST LIKE I GOT THIS PERSON, I CAN GET SOMEONE ELSE WHO LOVES ME, TRUSTS ME, CHERISHES ME AND ONLY ME! NO ONE DESERVES TO BE UNHAPPY. AND OFTEN TIMES ITS THE MATE WHO TELLS YOU THAT YOU CANT DO BETTER THAN HIM OR HER, OR YOU ARE THE ONE WHO MESSES THINGS UP, SO THIS IS WHAT YOU GET. NOOOOOO!! SOMEONE WHO TELLS YOU THAT, IS USUALLY STRUGGLING WITH SELF ESTEEM ISSUES THEMSELVES, AND ONLY WANTS TO MANIPULATE YOU SO YOU FEEL THE SAME WAY THEY DO. MISERY ALWAYS NEEDS COMPANY!

THE DEFINITION AN MANIPULATOR IS to manage or utilize skillfully b : to control or play upon by artful, unfair, or insidious means especially to one's own advantage.

IF THIS SOUNDS FAMILIAR, THEN IT MAY BE TIME TO REEVALUATE YOUR SITUATION, AND LOVE YOURSELF ENOUGH TO SAY ENOUGH IS ENOUGH, I'M NOT SETTLING!!

FRIENDS, I WANT YALL TO BE HAPPY WITHIN LIFE, I DON'T WANT TO SEE OR HEAR OF ANYONE FEELING UNHAPPY!

ANYWAY, IM DONE! TAKE WHAT YOU NEED OUT OF THIS BLOG. THAT'S WHAT ITS HERE FOR. THESE ARE JUST WORDS OF ENCOURAGEMENT! THAT'S WHAT I'M HERE FOR!

MAN DOWN! HOLLA! I JUST WANTED TO TYPE THAT, REAL RANDOM, I KNOW!

3 comments:

  1. Ishea said...

    Nice post. I definitely relate to ups and downs in a relationships. I know that for me, there will always be good times, bad times, neutral times but it's more so about the growth you're able to make from those various situations. I think that when your relationship stops making progress and you stop making growth then that's the time to say adios. We all know what we're deserving of but I think that giving 100% to someone is really hard, a daily challenge - - especially when most people don't give 100% to themselves. With that same sentiment, I feel like it's hard to be truly successful in a relationship if you're not happy with yourself - - therefore it always is a work in progress. I know that with our group of friends approaching our mid 20s we're continuing to figure out stuff about ourselves, our friends, where we want to go, what we don't want to do, the list goes on and on. On top of that, many of us are in relationships that have evolved out of teenage bliss and naivety and are making the natural transitions...All in all, I know that we'll be alright and feel great to know we have wonderful friends that are always looking out for us and being supportive!

    On another note, this is not a man down situation. lol.  

  2. Brothers Blog said...

    Great post! I try to live as stress free as possible. Although I have no significant other, when or if I do it will not be someone that will add stress to my life that makes no sense.

    I usually say the same about happiness. I'm a happy person overall. So why add someone to the mix that will make me unhappy?

    too blessed to be stressed.  

  3. Mission4Christ Media said...

    What an inspiring post.
    I often get into things of which don't count but love to put an effort to make it work out and at the end is zero result.

    Your philosophy stands out and I will remember always to live a stress free life for what is of no value.

    I am a happy person who also advice others to learn to be happy always.